"Get it Up" Volume 3 (ALL 45’s Mix)
A blend of new school & old school classic funk/boogie with a touch of House at the tail end. Featuring tracks by K-Maxx, Inkswell, Reggie B, Proh Mic, Shalamar, Whispers, Kon, MJ + More.
Follow me @djflowyo
#WaxWorks x #BeatSwapMeet
"Inventions & Dimensions" is a new podcast series sharing tunes from my personal vinyl collection.
Because it is my Birthday Month, the second edition I start with a vocal piece over Cannonball & Axlerod production explaining what Capricorns are all about. Throughout the podcast my selections were based on tracks that I either sampled before or tunes that just remind of me of specific periods of my life.
1) Cannonball Adderley - Capricorn
2) Monty Alexander Trio - September
3) Patrice Rushen - Before the Dawn
4) Bill Evans - Israel
5) Duke Ellington & Coltrane - My Little Brown Book
6) Miles Davis - Blue In Green
Soundcloud | Facebook | Mixcloud
Inventions & Dimensions is a new podcast series sharing tunes from my personal vinyl collection.
I’ve always been a fan of Jazz music as a kid growing up playing drums in different bands (Jazz, Funk, Classical, Rock etc) When I finally started buying records I first got into collecting Jazz and was always intrigued by the Blue Note Label. The following is a collection of some of my favorite tunes by some Saxophonist’s who recorded for Blue Note.
1) Dexter Gordon - Tanya (One Flight Up 1964)
2) Sonny Rollins - Reflections (ST vol 2 1957)
3) Cannonball Adderley - I’ve Rold Ev’ry Little Star (Somethin’ Else 1958)
4) Wayne Shorter - Footprints (Adams Apple 1966)
Between are clips from the Blue Note Documentary:
Thanks for listening, stay tuned for future podcasts by following me @ soundcloud.com/djflowyo
@kon1200 #OnMyWay Dubs x2 7inch Gatefold #BBE perfect timing for @wax_works this weekend in #oakland shouts to @dirty_soap